Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ultima Semana

It’s Time To Go Home

I have to be honest, I knew I would have had a good time but I seriously did not realize how much I would come to enjoy and love this country. And its people. When I say its sad to leave I truly mean it. This past week the students have read letters sang songs and had dances in their classrooms expressing their appreciation for us being here helping them with their English. This show of appreciation started at the beginning of the week and to be honest it was something I was not really expecting. Along with their letters in English the students had presents that they made and some of their letters, it’s sappy to say actually made me cry.
Apart from all that, we did do some fun things like going to the Botanical Garden, having a fun lunch with the English teachers at Calderon School,dinner in La Ronda and for some of us, re-visiting places in Quito that we had previously enjoyed.
Friday was our last day with the students. Every classroom you walk into they stood up to greet you and say good morning teacher. They have been doing that for the past few weeks but to day it’s a bit uncertain. Smiles are a bit wobbly but we make it through class at the end taking lots of pictures. Even the guys getting excited over selfies! A lot of hugs and stay a bit longer, or do you have to go or please come back next year. Maybe these are the same things they say to past Canadian students, I don’t know, but in this moment, I know that my five weeks here has meant something.  That way down south a bunch of kids appreciated my accent for a short while and tried to mimic it!  Either way these kids are also the same kids whose parents had cooked up a storm for me Ecuador style for the last three weeks . So I will leave Ecuador feeling glad that I met a few young people with names such as Stalin, kevin, Melaine, Jennifer, Lennin, Salvador, Angela, Sharon, Rosa, Maria, Ariana and Santiago.... the list could go on

The teachers, students, strangers in the streets and pretty much everyone we came into contact with in Ecuador, has made our time here exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment