Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ecuador educational systems presentation

Yesterday we went to a presentation put on by VVOB which is an organization that works with the ministry to create programs for students to learn hands on. Technical programs allow students to find work easier after completion of school. Through the presentation i learnt about the school systems in Ecuador and some of the problems they face. I found this interesting  because I hope to pursue a degree in education. I was able to compare the basic of a Canadian classroom system to what I learnt about the Ecuadorian classroom system.  Today I talked with the teacher I have been working with an asked her some questions about the system. She told me that there are not many teachers in Ecuador and that teachers are very tired. She faces problems with what she is expected to teach due to the many opinions from the chain of the educational system. The presentation  gave me some more perspective as to why the classroom and teachers are the way they are here in Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment